This is the recording of the online workshop for all teams interested in applying to the TruBlo open call #2. The deadline for applications is September 10, 2021.
- Overview and goals of the project (Worldline)
- Overview regarding the scientific expectations (ICCS)
- How to apply (F6S)
- Technical support services (Alastria)
- Business support services (Athens Technology Center)
Video Recording – Webinar for TrubBloOpen Call #2
A PDF of all presentations used in the webinar.
Full.2021.07.15 TruBloCall InfoWebinar.pptx
The webinar was held on July 15, 2021.
EBC will be entirely virtual this year, of course, as a result of the pandemic. Nevertheless, big events are helpful to see and experience how topics and sentiments evolve. TruBlo will be represented at the European Blockchain Conference through Montse Guardia, General Manager of Alastria, a partner in this project.
The panel will start on Friday, April 16, at 12:00 PM. Montse Guardia will share the discussion with Margherita Leder, COO, TMP Group and David Palmer, Blockchain Lead at Vodafone.
EBCvirtual is designed as a comprehensive one-week event filled with keynotes, panel discussions, workshops, one-to-one meetings and high-level networking (as much as it is possible with current restrictions).
Even if you don’t attend the conference – it’s worth your time to scroll through the (long) list of attendees. To some extend the mix of people shows the renewed interest in blockchain and virtual currencies. The conference managed to attract many interesting startups, mixed with representatives from larger firms and members of the EU political community.
Follow EBC on Twitter
The Twitter hashtag to follow outcomes from the conference is: #EBCvirtual
Many European companies and institutions are interested in blockchain. But in the current state of the market, where can you start? What is a promising area? Where should you better wait a little longer?
Together with BlockStart and Startup Lithuania. A key question is: How can projects and interest groups better connect capable developer and interested organisations?
The event will be a panel discussion to do just that: Bring together blockchain experts and SME adopters, to exchange on what works and what needs improvement.
This event will be held online, and live streamed in Facebook and YouTube, on 28 April at 3pm CEST (Brussels Time).
Featured speakers include:
- Krzysztof Radecki, Co-founder and CEO of Rexs.io
- Reinis Skorovs, Founder and CEO of Kedeon
(two of Blockstart’s top 5 blockchain startups from the project’s 1st Acceleration Programme)
- Richard Crook, Founder and CEO of LAB577
- Mirko Lorenz, Expert at H2020 blockchain project NGI TruBlo
- Mauro Manente, CTO at Latitudo40, one of the 18 SME adopters that piloted blockchain solutions during BlockStart’s 1st Pilot stage.
The event will be moderated by Vytautas Černiauskas, Expert at CIVITTA, BlockStart consortium partner.
Interested in joining us? This panel discussion is free-of-charge, but registration is mandatory. Upon your registration, you will receive an email a few days before the event, with a kind reminder and the link to join our speakers on 28 April.
Exploring Blockchain Ecosystem: Collaboration Between Startups and SMEs online event
TruBlo Open Call #1: Evaluation timeline for proposals
Timeline of TruBlo evaluation process for Open Call #1
- 19.03.2021: Deadline for proposals for the open call
- 30.03 – 19.4.2021: Each proposal is reviewed by two independent evaluators. The project took extra care in the selection process, e.g. by randomizing the assignments of the evaluators. Further the project ensured that evaluators will review a project from their own country, as an additional measure
- 20.04.2021: Consensus meeting. This means that the evaluation results for each proposal from two evaluators are compared. A final score is applied to each proposal.
- 21.04.2021 – 27.04.2021: The creators of the top graded proposals are contacted, in order to create a final ranking.
- 28.04.2021 – 30.04.2021: Final results of open call #1 are announced
The selected projects – 10 for open call #1 – will be contacted directly.
Questions or inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo by Clay Banks on Unsplash
(Via Worldline, press release )
Madrid, 16 February, 2021 – Worldline [Euronext: WLN], the European market leader in payment and transaction services, will lead the “TruBlo” (Trusted Blockchain) project in the context of the European Commission’s Next Generation Internet initiative, a project that is dedicated to foster a vibrant Open Internet movement that links research, policy, and society for the benefit of society.
The TruBlo project aims to nurture and facilitate research on blockchain technology which will lead to more reliable blockchain-based solutions and applications, that will contribute to ensuring the exchange of trustworthy and reliable content on social networks and media. TruBlo will last three years and each of the projects that it will support if they reach completion, will last a maximum of 15 months.
Three open calls for proposals will be launched as part of the TruBlo project. The first opened on 18 January 2021 and will close on 19 March (link to apply). Target participants are researchers, innovators and developers either as natural person(s) or from academia as well as from high tech companies, to develop research or pilot projects focusing on the following usage scenarios:
- Trust and reputation models on blockchains. This focus area targets innovative applications, technologies, technical approaches and methodologies that increase the levels of trust in blockchain-based information exchange, with emphasis on user-generated content on the Internet and social media, considering also data from IoT infrastructures.
- Proof-of-validity and proof-of-location. This focus area is on innovative mechanisms to increase transparency and trustworthiness of user-generated genuine content. The users, as being part of a blockchain, can apply additional verification mechanisms to increase transparency, validity and a high level of trustworthiness, such as Proof- of-Location and Proof-of Validity.
- It is estimated that up to 450 proposals will be assessed in three calls for proposals, of which 45 will be partially financed and 9 carried through to completion.
Toni Paradell, R&D manager at Worldline Iberia & Group coordinator for the TruBlo project, said:“Generating trust in technologies is key to driving the new digital society, and there is no doubt that the TruBlo project will result in researchers, academics and businesses developing new blockchain solutions to ensure the exchange of reliable content on social networks and in the media. The 9 projects that are implemented will be key to creating trust models that power the exchange of content generated by individuals from any device. This is fundamental if we are to make the technologies part of our lives and increase our ability to drive an agile, effective and secure digital transformation environment”.
For more information about TruBlo, visit the project website at: https://www.trublo.eu/
Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry and #4 player worldwide. With its global reach and its commitment to innovation, Worldline is the technology partner of choice for merchants, banks and third-party acquirers as well as public transport operators, government agencies and industrial companies in all sectors. Powered by over 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries, Worldline provides its clients with sustainable, trusted and secure solutions across the payment value chain, fostering their business growth wherever they are. Services offered by Worldline in the areas of Merchant Services; Terminals, Solutions & Services; Financial Services and Mobility & e-Transactional Services include domestic and cross-border commercial acquiring, both in-store and online, highly-secure payment transaction processing, a broad portfolio of payment terminals as well as e-ticketing and digital services in the industrial environment. In 2019 Worldline generated a proforma revenue of 5.3 billion euros. worldline.com
The TruBlo project is implemented by a consortium of six European partners with different profiles and capacities. The consortium is composed of the Technological University of Athens, experts in blockchain technology; ATC, a company specialized in the development of technologies for detecting and fighting fake news; Deustche Welle, the German public international broadcasting company, delivering their services in 30 languages; F6S, the world’s largest startup and SME community; and ALASTRIA, a Spanish provider of Blockchain infrastructure. The TruBlo project is co-financed by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program (contract No. 957228).