In this edition: Comparing the current crypto market to a Ponzi scheme. Decentraland plans a virtual fashion show. Plus: What Vitalin Buterin thinks about the current situation and future trends.
• Web3 as a new version of the internet
• Up to 20% of recipients click on phishing mails
• 90% of all Bitcoins mined
How do journalists work against mis- and disinformation? What are the workflows for the verification of content? What are the main challenges? And: What do they expect from blockchain?
This article is written as an introduction and good overview. The goal is to help readers with no or limited understanding of blockchain technology.
• Axie Infinity: Doubts about the business model
• Design challenges for Web3
• How CurioNFT offsets carbon emissions
• How Amazon and YouTube reduce user trust
• What the Allianz chief economist expects for Bitcoin
• An analysis of the Coinbase strategy
When we talk about misinformation we often refer to information on news websites. In reality, though we need to critically evaluate all kinds of information – the bits and pieces forming what we later identify as content.
In collaboration with Berlin Partner the TruBlo project will provide a one-hour info session for Open Call #3 on November 24, 2021.
A report looks into different approaches and makes recommendations. The focus is on the proof-of-work approach, which is used for Bitcoin mining.
• European Data Protection against the use of private data for credit scores
• Booming demand for NFTs
•Jack Dorsey wants an exchange for digital currencies
This video provides all the details needed to apply.
• Quick links to all 10 funded projects from open call #1
• Neeva, a new search engine
• Coinbase gets a licence in Germany